Home Health Aides assist patients at home who are unable to perform daily tasks like cleaning, bathing, getting dressed, cooking, and going to doctor’s appointments.
Your Home Health Aide job description will typically be your first point of contact with your candidate audience. How you communicate the information in your job description will shape how potential candidates perceive the job duties, the value of the role to the company, the company culture, the organization of the hiring process, and the like.
In a competitive marketplace, you want your job description to stand out so the most qualified candidates will be intrigued and motivated to apply. It’s about making an awesome first impression, and simply throwing together a generic job description won’t cut it. By putting extra time and attention into how you research, draft, and post your job description, you can make a big difference in the quality of applications and resumes you receive back.
The job description template below will help you get started. Modify the template as needed to fit your particular business and job.
Home Health Aide Job Description Template
Our healthcare company is looking for a Home Health Aide to help provide quality daily assistance and personal care for at-home patients. The successful candidate will be responsible for accompanying patients to appointments, assisting with personal care, checking vital signs, supervising general health needs, maintaining a clean environment, and providing compassionate support.
A Home Health Aide is a non-medical professional who works under the supervision of licensed medical professionals such as doctors and nurses. You must be self-driven, have a strong command of applicable health care rules and procedures, and possess a high level of integrity.
Home Health Aide Responsibilities:
- Assist patients with bathing, dressing, and other activities of daily living (ADLs)
- Maintain home care records and logs of doctor appointments
- Administer physical therapy practices when needed
- Work with transportation services for safe travel to appointments
- Closely monitor vitals (blood pressure, pulse, respiration, etc.)
- Perform light housekeeping and meal preparation tasks
- Counsel patients on healthy diet and lifestyle practices
- Report changes in patient’s condition to case managers
- Stay current on HIPAA and other applicable healthcare regulations
Home Health Aide Requirements:
- Reliable transportation
- Outstanding levels of integrity and compassion
- Exceptional interpersonal and patient service skills
- Capable of lifting patients weighing up to 200 pounds
- CPR certification (American Heart Association)
- Valid HHA or CNA certification
- Clean background check
Median Annual and Hourly Pay: $24,060 per year/$11.57 per hour
The median annual wages for Home Health Aides in the top industries in which they worked:
Home Healthcare Services $23,980
Nursing Care Facilities $25,110
Continuing Care Retirement Communities and Assisted Living Facilities for the Elderly $24,600
Residential Intellectual and Developmental Disability Facilities $24,230
Services for the Elderly and Persons with Disabilities $24,160
* Source for wage information: Bureau of Labor Statistics