Human Resources Coordinators are responsible for handling the administrative functions of the HR department. They typically assist the human resources manager and director in the carrying out of day-to-day duties as well as broader strategic initiatives.
Your Human Resources Coordinator job description will typically be your first point of contact with your candidate audience. How you communicate the information in your job description will shape how potential candidates perceive the job duties, the value of the role to the company, the company culture, the organization of the hiring process, and the like.
In a competitive marketplace, you want your job description to stand out so the most qualified candidates will be intrigued and motivated to apply. It’s about making an awesome first impression, and simply throwing together a generic job description won’t cut it. By putting extra time and attention into how you research, draft, and post your job description, you can make a big difference in the quality of applications and resumes you receive back.
The job description template below will help you get started. Modify the template as needed to fit your particular business and job.
Human Resources Coordinator Job Description Template
We are searching for a proactive Human Resources Coordinator to handle a variety of tasks that support the efforts of our HR department. This role will perform duties such as organizing the job candidate interview process, keeping accurate department records, producing and submitting reports, scheduling onboardings and trainings, leading orientations, and fielding HR department inquiries.
The Human Resources Coordinator will serve as a key point of contact for other departments in our company. To be effective in the role, a candidate must bring a broad knowledge of human resources and administrative responsibilities. We highly value a strong communicator with excellent problem solving skills, as well as a basic command of conflict resolution techniques. You should thrive in a fast-paced environment while keeping the department organized and operating smoothly.
Human Resources Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Receive employee questions and requests
- Maintain employee records (payroll, turnover rates, personal information, etc.)
- Liaise with other departments to handle employee matters
- Support hiring by sorting and processing resumes, handling follow up emails and phone calls, scheduling interviews, and processing background checks
- Schedule onboardings, trainings, HR events, and seminars
- Assist supervisors in presentations and programs
- Copy and distribute HR department reports
- Assist in ad-hoc HR projects such as suggestion and feedback boxes
- Stay current with HR trends and employment laws and regulations
Human Resources Coordinator Requirements:
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly capably with business and communication software such as Microsoft Office, email, and Slack
- Working knowledge of Automated Tracking Systems and other HR efficiency software
- Familiarity with job candidate sourcing tools
- Basic conflict resolution skills
- Experience with payroll procedures and benefits programs
- Awareness of relevant employment laws
- Understanding of the rules of confidentiality
- Organized and efficient in a fast-paced environment
- 2+ years of experience as a HR Coordinator or a similar HR/Administrative position
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or relevant field
Median Annual Pay: $46,571
Annual wages for Human Rresources Coordinators in the top roles in which they worked:
Training Coordinator $52,000
HR Assistant $43,000
* Source for wage information: Glassdoor