Restaurant Managers ensure that the administrative, human resource, and customer service duties of a restaurant are completed in an efficient and productive manner in order to boost profit and satisfy patrons.
Your Restaurant Manager job description will typically be your first point of contact with your candidate audience. How you communicate the information in your job description will shape how potential candidates perceive the job duties, the value of the role to the company, the company culture, the organization of the hiring process, and the like.
In a competitive marketplace, you want your job description to stand out so the most qualified candidates will be intrigued and motivated to apply. It’s about making an awesome first impression, and simply throwing together a generic job description won’t cut it. By putting extra time and attention into how you research, draft, and post your job description, you can make a big difference in the quality of applications and resumes you receive back.
The job description template below will help you get started. Modify the template as needed to fit your particular business and job.
Restaurant Manager Job Description Template
Our business is currently looking for a highly motivated Restaurant Manager to oversee all daily operations. You will be responsible for hiring, training, and motivating quality staff, managing the kitchen, making changes to the menu, and ensuring customers are satisfied at all times. The successful candidate will also be able to reach our desired revenue and profit goals by running a smooth operation and maintaining high productivity and customer service levels.
Overall, this role requires the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment, as well as a high level of experience in both the front and back of the house.
Restaurant Manager Responsibilities:
- Maximize customer satisfaction
- Hire and train new staff members
- Respond courteously to complaints
- Organize staff shifts
- Motivate and supervise staff
- Accurately estimate and order restaurant supplies
- Ensure health and safety protocols are always followed
- Create detailed revenue and expense reports
- Implement new policies and protocols to improve the dining experience
Restaurant Manager Requirements:
- Proven experience as a Restaurant Manager or Hospitality Manager
- Bookkeeping knowledge
- Ability to stay professional at all times
- Proven knowledge of food and beverage operations
- Experience with OpenTable, PeachWorks, or other restaurant software
- Outstanding customer service and leadership skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Hospitality, or similar is preferred
Median Annual and Hourly Pay: $54,240 per year/$26.08 per hour
Annual salaries for Restaurant Managers in the top industries in which they worked:
Special Food Services $61,530
Restaurants and Other Eating Places $51,430
* Source for wage information: Bureau of Labor Statistics