Web Developers create web pages that conform to the aesthetic and technical specifications of a company or client.
Your Web Developer job description will typically be your first point of contact with your candidate audience. How you communicate the information in your job description will shape how potential candidates perceive the job duties, the value of the role to the company, the company culture, the organization of the hiring process, and the like.
In a competitive marketplace, you want your job description to stand out so the most qualified candidates will be intrigued and motivated to apply. It’s about making an awesome first impression, and simply throwing together a generic job description won’t cut it. By putting extra time and attention into how you research, draft, and post your job description, you can make a big difference in the quality of applications and resumes you receive back.
The job description template below will help you get started. Modify the template as needed to fit your particular business and job.
Web Developer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a talented Web Developer who will design, build, and maintain web pages and applications for our business. Your duties will include working with a team of other developers to address website specifications and resolve any technical issues.
Web Developer Responsibilities:
- Design, build, and maintain web pages
- Prioritize projects and assign tasks to team members for an efficient workflow
- Write and correct code for web page specifications
- Identify client problems and fix technical errors in a timely manner
- Run functionality tests and debug codes
- Maintain extensive knowledge of the latest coding and software practices
- Run tests to ensure our website interacts properly with all browsers and device types
- Collaborate with designers to include graphics and unique navigation designs
- Backup website files for recovery
Web Developer Requirements:
- Ability to work in a team
- Extensive experience in application programming
- Proficiency in mockup and UI prototyping
- Knowledge of network diagnostic tools
- Solid problem solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Web Development, or a similar field
Median Annual and Hourly Pay: $69,430 per year/$33.38 per hour
Annual salaries for Web Developers in the top industries in which they worked:
Publishing Industries (Except Internet) $75,360
Computer Systems Design and Related Services $68,670
Management, Scientific, and Technical Consulting Services $66,250
Advertising, Public Relations, and Related Services $66,020
* Source for wage information: Bureau of Labor Statistics